Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Dream Girl... Or 5 Things I Look For (In A Girl)

Oprah Winfrey- As you become more clear about who you really are, you'll be better able to decide what is best for you - the first time around

A Couple Things For Starters


Okay so this week I was told to do a blog post on the 5 thing that I look for in a prospective wife, or 5 things that I hate most in a girl. I was so excited that I couldn't pick which one to do, so I decided to do them both. However, I am doing it as a two part post. So, anyway, while writing this article I am assuming the girl I am looking at is a Christian. I am also assuming that I am attracted to her. If I wasn't Why would I marry her? By the way "Love is a great beautifier,"Louisa May Alcott.

5 Most Important Things In A Girl


Girls, to any of you who read my post, I am not trying to say these are the only things that I am interested. Neither am I saying if you don't meet these guidelines, I won't be interested in you. I also think that most guys would have similar lists were they required to make them.

1. Respect Me


     By this I mean I expect my wife to respect me. I don't mean she has to do everything I say, I simply mean that I expect her to be honest to me, and not go around saying things about me to her friends, even if they are true, without talking to me about it first. Like if I constantly did something she didn't like, and she went and told her friends in a less than friendly way, "You know I hate my husband he always does.....", then I would be upset.
  

2. Respect Herself

She must also respect herself. Girls, I know you want to be "Fashionable", but at a certain extent you carry it too far and it becomes obscene. I know lots of good Christian girls who dress immodestly, and they don't realize they are making men salivate. You think it is just a way to dress, but it is the quickest way to seduce a guy. I'm not saying go wear hoop skirts and civil war era dresses. Most girls don't realize it but they actually hurt themselves when they dress immodestly. They hurt their ability to "hook" a good Christian guy.

3. The Ability To Work Well, And With Passion


4. Someone Who Loves Me, And Is Open About Everything

Dr. Joyce Brothers, American psychologist- Love comes when manipulation stops; when you think more about the other person than about his or her reactions to you. When you dare to reveal yourself fully. When you dare to be vulnerable. That quote captures what humans want, they want someone who loves them, and they can be open with. They want to be able to share all their secrets, and be known for who they are. This is really hard for guys, we don't like to open up. Anyway if you can get a guy you're dating to open up, you must be doing something right.

5. Someone Who Can Put Up With My Shenanigans.

I am a guy,SHOCKER, and I do stupid things. I jump 20 ft cliffs into the ocean, I Shoot fireworks off of my hand. I run with scissors, and I also play with sharp objects. I can't marry someone who will be worried about me stepping into my car. I do dangerous things, and I need someone who either doesn't care, as long as I don't kill myself, or enjoys blowing stuff up as much as I do. I believe you will find most guys with this "problem". I encourage you to overlook the less dangerous things that your future husband may do. Also I would be appreciative if my future wife would allow me to be stupid. Let me leave you with one last word of advice, Guys Are Stupid.

I hope you have found this article interesting. If you have any questions, you can contact me at thequintonator@gmail.com, or leave a comment. I would like to know your reactions to this post, and remember, 5 things I hate most about girls is coming, hopefully by Friday.



4 comments:

  1. I laughed all throughout number 5! lol
    from chemistry ALLLLLLLL the time "can we make something go boom?" KA FREAKIN BOOM!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I love number 5!!! That's so true! lol Good job Quint! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha this is definitely your writing Quint that's for sure. Good job, Those are excellent qualities! You put the same h1 tag twice though and I think you meant for the first one to say something else...haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the quotes; they made you sound like you really know what you're talking about. I think pretty much every girl who wants to get married has to be willing to put up with guys' "shenanigans" because you're definitely not the only one with that issue hahaha

    ReplyDelete