Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Dream Girl.... Or 4 Things I Can't Stand (In A Girl).

Okay, Girls, Guys Will Never Understand You

I hope you read my last blog post, because this is a follow up post. Well, anyway, Guys will never understand girls. A few of my female friends did blog posts this week on what they look for in guys, and I thought that I would also go ahead and talk about five things I can't stand in girls.

The List

I will never be able to make a list that would encompass all the things that I dislike that girls do. However, I will start with the top four. I think that should get a girls mind into overdrive.Dustin Cartoon for Apr/24/2011

Dates

As the comic strip Dustin, above illustrates, Girls are so hard to read. All guys wish that there was a dating department store. I think this stems from the mixed signals a girl sends their way. People are fickle, I understand that, but do you really have to act like you love us one day, and then act like we are the devil the next. For a guy's mind that is like dropping it into a proverbial blender. It hurts, but it doesn't just hurt our brains, it hurts out emotions as well. It hurts our self image. If you are going to turn a guy down for a date, please to it kindly. I think girls should learn that teenage guys think that every girl they see is going to be their girlfriend, and if a girl leads a guy on even in the least bit, that guys is going to grow attached to her. So just keep it in mind.

Opinion

Girls think they know a guy, but do they really? A guy is at least two different people, one when he is with his best friend, and another when he is in the mall with a group of friends. He just doesn't show how stupid he is with his best friend. When with his best friend, he talks about the complexities of life, and how the world would be a different place if they were allowed to change it. He talks about his likes, and dislikes. If a girl didn't make up her mind within THIRTY seconds of meeting a guy, I think there would be a lot of different relationships. I strongly recommend that girls try not to form a negative opinion at first.

Overdrive

Overdrive is another thing that I will speak about. By overdrive I mean that state a girls mind goes into when a guy says something that might mean something different. I am a guy and I can tell you we don't even know how to speak to girls very well. I know that I haven't been very clear so I will give an example. Let's say for instance that Little Johnny just had his first date with a girl that he really likes. And let's say that on his first date he says,"I've only had this much fun one other time." Automatically a girls mind goes into overdrive, she starts thinking,"What other time, Am I not as fun as some other girl, He doesn't really like me does he, I think this guy stinks." All this happens in about three seconds, and Johnny's first date is ruined. I don't know if all girls are like this or just most of the girls I know, but this has to be the most annoying thing a girl can do. Oh, and I left out the extreme barrage of questions that leave a guy feeling as if his date had just given him the third degree.

Maturity

Girls, if you like a guy then don't act like you are more mature than him. He'll learn that later. Don't act like you're thirty, unless of course you are. Guys are immature by nature, and you have to learn that now if you want to have a healthy lasting relationship. By acting "Mature" you are putting a guy on an uneven playing field. If that guy really likes you, he will put you on a pedestal and cater to your every need, or he should. If he doesn't then you need to send him to me, and let me teach him some manners. Girls are God's gift to guys, only we don't realize it, you may, but we don't. But please don't ACT more mature than us. Guys think that everyone shares the same intellect, and type of mind, but not everyone does. DON"T ever show a guy you like up or you just push them away.
I hope you found this article helpful. Questions or comments are loved and appreciated. So send them my way to thequintonator at Gmail.com.

6 comments:

  1. haha love the comic quint! lol I hope I don't act like that. That could really turn some guys off. But this post was really interesting and really helpful. You did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok wait....I think it's really interesting what you said about guys with their best friends. I think it's the opposite with girls. We act completely ridiculous when we're with our best friends. We talk about serious stuff too, but our real "insane" side comes out when we're with our bestie :)

    When we're hanging with a group of friends in public we're much less likely to act like freaks.

    And I have one question about the maturity thing. you said, "please don't ACT more mature than us." ....What if we arreee more mature than you?? (and by you, im talkin guys in general :])
    I do totally agree with you on the 'overdrive' thing though. it's somethin we gotta work on lol :) -Emily E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Emily E. I'm not saying that every guy always is completely serious with his best friend. I'm just saying that because a guy acts stupid around you he's not necessarily always like that. If you believe that you are more mature than guys, than please stoop to our low level of stupidity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah quint you crack me up. I didn't say I think I'm more mature than guys in general. it's just that I've had guys like me who are waayyyyy immature, and im not going to purposely act like them. Butttt....I think I got ur meaning. Don't fake maturity to be "above", or, "cooler" than the guy we like. don't put them down unnecessarily...right? hehe, nice post quint, I liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Girls are God's Gift to Guys." Yepp. Best part of the post. Good job Quint :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how most of this post is just about things girls do that confuses guys or that make things overly complicated haha I agree with the annoyingness of our minds going into overdrive but I must say that if "Little Johnny" said that to me, I would just ask him when he had more fun without trying to give him the third degree about it. :p

    ReplyDelete