Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Benefits of Home Schooling

I'm homeschooled!

No Really I am.... I am a homeschooler, and I find that homeschooling has a lot of benefits, socially, and developmentally. Being homeschooled isn't like a lot of people think. I mean you actually do do your homework, and you get graded just like in school. One of the major benefits to homeschooling is the ability to do your work around your schedule, not your schedule around your work. One example of this happened last week for me, I had to go to play practice at 1:30 but I still had several more hours of work to do. My solution.... well I just went to play practice when I was supposed to. The best part was I didn't have any schoolwork to make up.


The Homeschool Schedule

My day starts at 6:30 when I wake up, and proceed to get ready for school. Next at about 7:30, I eat breakfast,and start my homework. I continue working until lunch at 12:00, when I watch the news. I am usually done with school around 2:00. Many people think this is because I don't do schoolwork, however I would wager I do more work than most kids who go to traditional schools. Simply because I don't have to waste fifty minutes every period for class, and then come home and do homework.

It's amazing.

1 comment:

  1. "you actually do do your homework..."

    Really? Homeschooling sounds interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete